Monday, November 12, 2007

The next big thing!

ok actually I dont really know what the next big thing would be, but I think ScreenPlay on Symbian phones is just about to bring it to ya. Waite... you gotta read this one!

ScreenPlay demo from Symbian's website



FreeWay


What made me eternally fall in love with Commodore 64 beyond anything else was its graphics and sound experience long before home computers became main stream. The good old 64 is probably the UGLIEST little computer ever built, but it had the graphics and sound chip made in heaven! thats what made it the biggest selling computer of ALL times.

Yes my fellow romantics, love is all about the experience. Ask Lucy Liu why she keeps coming back to me for more!
Well... smartphones have finally matured to a level where they really can go beyond functionality (sorry blackberry lovers) or cool factor (sorry iPhone lovers) and actually provide a real "experience"!

What the hell am I talking about? well it would be hard to say in words, because you've got to experience it yourself. And you will definitely be able to do that in the next couple of months when the upcoming Symbian60 based smartphones with ScreenPlay and FreeWay hit the market shortly. Seriously, I wouldnt buy any phone right now and rather save my money for these new phones to come out. The whole smartphone scene is about to get transformed in the next two quarters for good. The experience that ScreenPlay based smartphone displays will be able to prodive to users just doesnt exist right now. Combine that with much faster richer broad-band like experience of FreeWay, and you've got yourself something really... beautiful!

Guys... I think its time to fall in love again. Nothing will replace my beloved old Commodore 64 in my heart, but I think in the next couple of months I can finally get a smartphone that can really be my companion. And you guys thought I am not romantic??

Bilal Zaheer
http://elanist.com/bilal

No comments: