Sunday, July 20, 2008

Why So Serious?

Ok forget about GPS, I'm getting the first phone that comes with sonar! :) pretty cool huh? if you dont know what I am talking about, you gotta watch The Dark Knight. Dont let the comic book theme fool you, even from the trailor. This is no ordinary blockbuster.



I think its very appropriate they didnt title this movie as "Batman...", because this is actually a great crime thriller riddled with twists and turns all through the movie and would stand on its own as an awesome movie without any superhero and super psychotic villains. Twice during the movie I thought the movie had reached its "conclusion" and each time Nolan throws in a new twist, each one more interesting than the previous.

The friend I dragged along with me, actually didnt want to watch it because he thought its a "comic book movie" and he never watches silly comic book movies. But when the movie was over he didnt even realize it was two and half hours long!


There is much to talk say about this great piece of work, but I'm not even going to say anything about Heath Ledger's acting here, because you'll hear about it for years to come. And I have to admit, I thought it was all hype, but no it isnt! ReelViews sums it up just right: "...The Dark Knight, a film so impressive in every significant facet that it makes one wonder why it took so long for the genre to reach this high level."

The action sequences are awesome! Particularly towards the end of the movie. I wont mention what happens to the batmobile (a transformation all its own!), but they actually destroy TWO, not one, Lamborghini Murcielago LP640.

Gotta watch it again!

Bilal
http://elanist.com/bilal

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts
watch harry potter and deathly hallows Streaming free